COVID Protection Policy - In-Person Delegates
OWASP New Zealand Day 2022
Under the Orange setting of the COVID Protection Framework, the Auckland University of Technology is operating more-or-less at a business-as-usual setting. The university has passed along the government’s recommendations to maintain physical distancing and to wear masks indoors. They do not mandate mask wearing, or require vaccine passes, for anyone entering campus facilities.
The conference team considered imposing further restrictions - similar to those in effect for the Kawaiicon event in Wellington. However, our team is even smaller than their Crüe, so we reached the consensus we couldn’t effectively enforce those mandates.
So, that leaves us with a COVID Protection Policy based on trusting you all to do the right thing. We ask the following of everyone who attends the in-person event:
- DO NOT attend the in-person event if you are not fully vaccinated, and have not received an official vaccination exemption from the government.
- Wear a proper face mask as much as possible, while indoors at the event.
- DO NOT attend the in-person event if you are feeling unwell, were recently in close contact with a person who’s tested positive for COVID, or should be isolating.
If you are unwilling, or unable, to comply with these expectations, we encourage you NOT to attend the in-person event. Live-stream access, through the Whova app (details coming soon), will be available to EVERYONE who’s registered.
If you won’t be able to join us in person, after all - and if you purchased a t-shirt - contact John. We’ll get your registration converted to a VIP Live Stream ticket, and we’ll mail your t-shirt and conference SWAG after the event. (Sorry, we’re not mailing SWAG bags to registered attendees who didn’t purchase a t-shirt.)
The conference team have decided to impose additional restrictions on those attending in-person training classes. This is based on the fact you’re going to spend an entire day (or two) in an enclosed space with the same people.
Here’s how it’s going to work on Tuesday and Wednesday:
- When you check in for your training class, the conference team will confirm you have a valid My Vaccine Pass, issued by the NZ government. If you don’t have your updated My Vaccine Pass yet, please visit the Government’s COVID-19 information site to learn how to obtain yours. For those travelling to the conference from outside New Zealand, this is already a requirement.
- We will also require photo identification bearing the same name as your My Vaccine Pass, to confirm the presented Pass is yours.
- While indoors at the event, we ask that you wear a proper face mask as much as possible.
- Unless your instructor says otherwise, 100% mask use (except for the occasional sip from a drink bottle) is required while in your classroom. Your instructor is authorised to have you removed from the class (without refund), if you refuse to comply with this requirement.
- DO NOT attend training if you are feeling unwell, were recently in close contact with a person who’s tested positive for COVID, or should be isolating.
If you are unwilling, or unable, to comply with these expectations, we encourage you NOT to attend the in-person training. We will be happy to transfer your registration to another attendee or, if it’s impossible to make suitable arrangements, process a refund for your registration (less Humanitix fees, which are non-refundable).
Other Basic Provisions
- All university staff are required to wear masks while interacting with customers. In particular, this means all catering staff will be wearing masks, along with the usual gloves, while serving and setting out food and drinks.
- The conference team will be wearing masks whenever possible, including during registration check-in.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitiser will be available at all conference registration and information desks.