AppSec New Zealand Incorporated (AppSec NZ) is an all-volunteer, non-profit Incorporated Society and NZ-registered charity (Charity Number CC59162), whose primary purposes are to:
- organise and conduct application security conferences, training, and other educational events; and
- provide financial and other support for educational activities which advance awareness of, understanding of, and opportunities in application security.
Our primary activity is organising and conducting the annual OWASP New Zealand Day conference in Auckland. The conference is organised in collaboration with the OWASP New Zealand Chapter, and the OWASP name and branding are used under license from the OWASP Foundation.
In addition to the annual conference, AppSec NZ supports:
- annual security.ac.nz conferences, at universities in Auckland and Wellington;
- occasional Training Day events, organised in collaboration with the OWASP New Zealand Chapter; and
- other AppSec-related education and outreach activities, as resources and volunteer time permit.