AppSec New Zealand Incorporated
Who Are We?
AppSec New Zealand Incorporated (AppSec NZ) is an all-volunteer, non-profit Incorporated Society and NZ-registered charity (Charity Number CC59162), whose primary purposes are to:
- organise and conduct application security conferences, training, and other educational events; and
- provide financial and other support for educational activities which advance awareness of, understanding of, and opportunities in application security.
What Do We Do?
Our primary activity is organising and conducting the annual OWASP New Zealand Day conference in Auckland. The conference is organised in collaboration with the OWASP New Zealand Chapter, and the OWASP name and branding are used under license from the OWASP Foundation.
In addition to the annual conference, AppSec NZ supports:
- annual security.ac.nz conferences, at universities in Auckland and Wellington;
- occasional Training Day events, organised in collaboration with the OWASP New Zealand Chapter; and
- other AppSec-related education and outreach activities, as resources and volunteer time permit.
Join AppSec New Zealand
Become a Member Today
As a non-profit Incorporated Society, AppSec New Zealand Incorporated is governed by its members. If you’d like to have a part in setting the Society’s priorities and direction, become a member today.
The membership period is from 1 June through 31 May of the following year. Membership fees are $25 per year (inclusive of GST) and are not pro-rated.
To become a member, you need to do just two things:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know you’d like to join. Include your name, preferred contact email address, and mailing address (required for inclusion on our membership roster).
- Submit your $25 payment to our account: 06-0323-0686991-55 (ANZ)
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held during May each year. To be eligible to vote at the AGM, paid membership is required no less than seven (7) calendar days before the announced date of the AGM.