We are proud to announce the first annual AppSec New Zealand Conference, to be held at the University of Auckland on Thursday and Friday, February 12th and 13th, 2021. The AppSec New Zealand Conference is presented in collaboration with the OWASP New Zealand Chapter and is a two-day conference dedicated to web and application security, with an emphasis on secure architecture and development techniques to help Kiwi developers build more secure applications.
There will be two conference streams throughout the conference. The first stream will include introductory talks on application and information security topics, as well as on policy, compliance, and risk management. The second stream will primarily address deeper technical topics. Talks featuring OWASP projects and tools are particularly encouraged, as are talks by members of under-represented communities.
In addition to these principal streams, there will be a third, smaller “stream,” supporting sponsor presentations, demos of OWASP tools, and interest/user group meetings. Platinum and Gold Sponsors will be given priority for time slots in this “stream;” further details will be published closer to the date, regarding opportunities for other groups to present.
Who is it for?
- Web Developers
- Security Professionals and Enthusiasts
- Program and Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Requirements Analysts
- Software Testers
Date: Friday and Saturday, 12-13 February 2021
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. each day
Cost: FREE early registration (on or before 31 January); $25 late registration (from 1 February)
The main conference on Friday and Saturday will have two streams throughout both days:
- Introductory Topics
- Program Management, Policy, Compliance, Risk Management
- Technical Topics
Throughout the conference, an exhibition area will be open in the lower-level lobby. Representatives from many of our Premier Sponsors will be on hand throughout the event, to answer your questions about their products and services. There will be door prize drawings at the Closing Session on Saturday. To qualify for the drawings, you will need to visit with each sponsor during the conference, and have them stamp your entry card.
During the opening session on Friday, we plan to feature a keynote speaker. Further details will be published here as they become available.
In addition to the main conference on Friday and Saturday, we are pleased to be offer training opportunities on Wednesday and Thursday, at the same venue. The Call for Training is now open, and closes at 12:30 on 4 December. We are encouraging training proposals for face-to-face, instructor-remote, or fully online courses, with a mix of half-day, one-day, and two-day offerings.
- Face-to-face: $1,150.00 for two-day sessions; $600.00 for one-day sessions; $300.00 for half-day sessions (plus fees and GST)
- Instructor Remote: $950.00 for two-day sessions; $500.00 for one-day sessions; $250.00 for half-day sessions (plus fees and GST)
- Online: $1,150.00 for two-day sessions; $600.00 for one-day sessions; $300.00 for half-day sessions (plus fees and GST)
The eleventh OWASP New Zealand Day will be happening thanks to the support provided by the University of Auckland, which will kindly offer the same facilities as those we used in previous years. The main conference will continue to be free, thanks to the generous support of our sponsors.
For any comments, feedback or observations, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Registration will open on 21 December 2020. Advance registration (through 31 January 2021) will be FREE; from 1 February, there will be a $25.00 (plus fees and GST) “procrastination fee” applied.
Registration for Pre-Conference Training will open on 21 December and close on 3 February, or when all seats are sold.
Please follow us on Twitter (@AppSecNZ).
- CFP and CFT Opened:: 8 October 2020
- CFP First-Round Deadline: 15 November 2020
- CFT Submission Deadline: 4 December 2020
- CFP Second-Round Deadline: 15 December 2020
- Registration Opens: 21 December 2020
- Training Registration Closes: 3 February 2021
- Pre-Conference Training Dates: 10-11 February 2021
- Main Conference Dates: 12-13 February 2021
The University has published a handy, updated map, to help you find places to eat around campus.
Some of the options available:
- The Deli - Located on Level 1 of the Owen G. Glenn Building - This is closest, but will probably have long lines
- Mojo Symonds - also on campus
- Shakey Isles - coffee and food across the road on the corner of Symonds & Alfred St
- Around the CBD - walk up and over Albert Park to get to the CBD with many great food options
- Fort Street has burgers, kebabs, and KFC
- High Street & Lorne Street have lots of little cafes and restaurants
- Subway, Starbucks, St. Pierre’s Sushi & Pita Pit - walk up Symonds Street
- Vulture’s Lane is a popular pub with the InfoSec crowd, there are more seats downstairs
- The Bluestone Room - also a popular pub just across Queen St
The University of Auckland School of Business
Owen G. Glenn Building (OGGB)
12 Grafton Road, Grafton, Auckland
Map: Google Maps
Stream One: Level 1
Room: 115 (Fisher & Paykel Appliances Auditorium)
Stream Two: Level 0
Room: 098 Lecture Theatre
Sponsor Demo Room: Level 0
Room: Case Room 2
For more information about our Premier Sponsors, please visit our About Our Sponsors page.
Follow us on Twitter @AppSecNZ